spot_img
25.8 C
Miami
HomeUncategorizedThe candidate for governor of Sao Paulo rules out an attempt on...

The candidate for governor of Sao Paulo rules out an attempt on his life in the shooting that left one dead

Published:

The candidate for the Government of Sao Paulo Tarcísio Gomes de Freitas ruled out that the shooting that took place on Monday when he was visiting a favela was an attempt on his life.

“It was not an attempt on my life, it was not a political attack, it was not partisan,” said Gomes de Freitas, who interpreted what happened as an act of “intimidation.” Shortly after the shooting, the candidate posted on Twitter that they had been attacked by criminals.

Shortly after, the São Paulo Secretary of Security, General Joao Camilo de Pires, said that the The event occurred between 50 and 100 meters from where Gomes de Freitas was, and that a man died in the shooting.

Gomes de Freitas, who was Bolsonaro’s Minister of Infrastructure, faces in the second electoral round on 18 of October to former mayor Fernando Haddad, of the Workers’ Party (PT).

spot_img

latest articles

explore more

error: Content is protected !!