spot_img
24.5 C
Miami
HomeUncategorizedA Chinese man falls seriously ill after eating a live crab that...

A Chinese man falls seriously ill after eating a live crab that pinched his daughter

Published:

Two months after the incident, the father went to a hospital with serious pain and pathological changes in various parts of the body.

A man of 39 years old named Lu, from the Chinese province from Zhejiang, ate a live crab as ‘punishment’ after the animal pinched her daughter with one of its claws, the South China Morning Post reported this week. after the incident, the father went to a hospital with severe back pain. A first checkup indicated pathological changes in the chest, abdomen, liver and digestive system, but his doctor was unable to identify the exact cause.

At first, when the patient was admitted to the center, they asked him about his diet, but he insisted that he had not eaten game meat or anything unusual, but later , Lu’s wife remembered what happened with the crustacean.

Un virus que causa una enfermedad renal crónica en gatos podría infectar a humanos

A blood test showed that the man contracted at least three parasites when eating the crab, and although he managed to recover after treatment, he needs more health checks.

In some provinces of China, raw crabs are usually eaten, but these are previously marinated with alcohol, which eliminates much of the bacteria. However, this method does not give a guarantee to the 100 %, according to Dr. Cao Qian, quoted by the local media.

It is not the first time that related infections have been reported with the consumption of uncooked crustaceans. In 1960, a woman from Hangzhou city contracted at least six parasites and suffered from pulmonary edema six months after eat 19 crabs raw.

spot_img

latest articles

explore more

error: Content is protected !!